on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Memory problem

How is it that I can't remember scenes from a movie I saw only 5 years ago, but I can replay scenes from Home Alone I, II and III (movies I saw more than 10 years ago) almost flawlessly seamless in my mind?

I just re-watched MUNICH by Steven S., with one of my all-time favorite actors Mr. Eric Bana.
And my after-movie wikipedia habit has paved the way for me to sleep at unreasonably late hours for the past few days....

The Israel-Palestinian history is just too rich for me to absorb in one day, but too interesting to stop googling.

Oh, and back to the memory problem - here is a list of old movies I have to watch again:

1) Troy
2) Life is Beautiful
3) Shawshank Redemption
4) The Hurt Locker (and this was what, only a few months ago?....)
5) The Little Mermaid (not because I can't remember - for I can memorize this movie word by word- but because... well, it's THE LITTLE MERMAID! 'Nough said.)

Oh, and I have to add 500 Days of Summer, even though I just watched it yesterday. What a witty, feel-good movie :)
Everyone needs to have one of these on their shelves.

Now to sleep! hopefully when I won't forget the movie I just saw.. then again, I hope I don't dream about it tonight either.

Yikes. On that note, peace on earth, God is good..

But not you, VANOC 2010. Sorry, but I think you're kind of lame. (while I am all for the Olympic Games spirit, I have much, much to say about how VANOC is carelessly spending its budget ... but I will keep this post short for now.)



2 comments:

said...

Hello~ this is Yuan~
I watched 500 days of summer, and I like it a lot~ not in my top 5 but I would definitely watch it over again!
Oh and I recommend The book of eli. Fine for watching alone :D

Jung said...

"How is it that I can't remember scenes from a movie I saw only 5 years ago, but I can replay scenes from Home Alone I, II and III (movies I saw more than 10 years ago) almost flawlessly seamless in my mind?"

Simple: Aging.

Nowadays I watch a whole hour of movie and then realize that I've watched it before... :)