on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Sunday, July 15, 2007

'I DON'T BELIEVE IT, 是我放棄了你 ...'

A very quiet weekend...
Reason 1) tired from being too busy last week
Reason 2) broke from buying ticket home, new laptop, taxes to pay
Reason 3) cleaning can be fun!

okay, Reason 3) is only 70% true.

And, since I stayed home, I finished watching ICE PRINCESS (hoho.... yes, I still fantasize about my Unachieved Olympic Figure Skater Dream.) and BEFORE SUNRISE. The first one, 6.5/10 - I generously added the 0.5 pt because it made me teary - I'm still not sure why. And 8/10 for BEFORE SUNRISE, a very laidback (plot-wise) and intense (character-wise) movie. I liked it from the very beginning and liked it a little less because of the abrupt ending. But that's fine, because there's a SEQUEL to it, BEFORE SUNSET. Something worth mentioning, the Director of the movie also directed SCHOOL OF ROCK, a movie which my Humor Companions, Og and Hiukei found quite enjoyable.

'But isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?' - Celine from BEFORE SUNRISE, 1995.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112471/

And, I also had some YouTube fun, and found an old song 認錯 by 優客李林.For some reason, this song calls back old memories in Taiwan, and though the lyrics have nothing in relations to my childhood, it's somehow very familiar.

Lastly, Random as Random gets, here are some old pictures taken in Kagoshima by Maggie. Found it in my long-abadoned, spam-infested Hotmail account today. ^^

Good times, good times.


No comments: