on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blogging during Typhoon Weather

This friday, I went to one of my favourite classes in Kokubu, 3-2! These are the kids who I often meet up during cleaning time last year. The little boy wearing the orange pants in the first row is one of my favourites, Kazuto! I mentioned him in one of my previous posts. And after class, I had lunch with his table and we had the most random conversation. We talked about our favourite food, favourite colors, future dreams, the fastest eaters in the class (I'm one of the slowest), and gave each other nicknames. Because I persisted in calling Kazuto, Kazu-chan, my nickname is now Mame-kun. And, I should mention here that I'm not the fastest nor the neatest eater, and towards the end of lunchtime, the kids at my table insisted that I literally pick up every single rice in my bowl and lick it clean - Kazu-chan was the most enthusiastic of them all in seeing me do that.


And here are pictures from two weeks ago, at Dazaifu Elementary school, also 3rd graders. At my table were the more mature kids in the class, who decided to play SHIRITORI during lunch.




And they are ALWAYS excited whenever I take out my flashy cellphone.... 'CHEE-ZU!'



Last Sunday, a good friend of mine came to visit from Hong Kong. We met in a Winter Retreat Camp in Toronto, 4 years ago. Were roomies, and clicked right away. We met up 5 times (including this time) in the last 4 years, but if anyone overhears our conversation, it would seem as if we are old friends since Elementary - silly jokes, good old memories to think back to, girly chats, long chats...

Miss ya, Fi! Come again.... and remember our BET?

p.s. Today, TYPHOON in Fukuoka! For the first time in weeks I didn't use my bike at all. Wind's a bit crazy outside, but no rain!

p.p.s. Wei's coming on Monday!.... this post cannot express how excited i am to see my brother. But this picture shows just how much he loves Fukuoka.


(Taken last December, when Wei had his first HAKATA RAMEN in the RAMEN MUSEUM in Canal City.)

No comments: