on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

もう、『さよなら』を言わなきゃけど、最後じゃないよ。

I bet nowhere else can beat what Fukuoka has in store for us lucky bunch in March...

'Tis the month when we're blessed with snow... AND... SAKURA!
Though it's freezing outside, and the road's a bit slippery but I'm loving the sight of snow on rooftops, and anticipating the Cherry Blossoms in about 3 weeks.


But before the Cheery Cherry Blossom news....
My 3nenseis Graduation Ceremony in a week.
T-T
Today, we had a small get-together in the Home Ec classroom, grilled dried 烏賊 IKA, and two students were challenged to WHO CAN STUFF THE MOST CALBEE SHRIMP CHIPS contest - I have the most hilarious videos!!
Ah.... after school parties are the greatest.



This afternoon, I had my last English Club at my other school.
It reminded me of the farewell parties I had before I left Canada - with my JOY-ful members.
And I knew how easy it is for me to cry whenever I have to say goodbye, but since I will see my students again at graduation ceremony, I thought I could hold it in.
Oh... was I wrong.
I don't recall having cried in front of anyone here in Japan. This marks the first time...!

...(T^T)...

But no worries. Several of them wrote in their letters and cards to me that they're coming to visit me in Canada... one day.
媽,爸,明年開始,我們家會有很多 HOMESTAY STUDENTS 。偉的房間要讓出來了。嘿嘿。

今日いっぱい宝物をいただいた。



I especially like one line from the class msg board I received today:

『体がはなれても、心はいっしょだよ。...
                     ーREN

And then I remembered one of my favourite poems:

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

2 comments:

hiukei said...

i had my last lesson with the sec 3 today too...
i was strong too...i got teary but kept telling myself to hold it...
悲しいな~
でも それでいいと思う。
本当に大切だから。
泣きたい時 泣いて
笑いたい時 笑って
それでいいんだ。

SAFARI INFINITY said...

そうだね。
3/15結婚式にも泣くかな〜?あの歌を歌いながら。
二度目失敗は絶対にだめだね!!

^0^
おじいさんはギータを持ったらいいだけどなあ〜