on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

''La Raclette Fondue''

Yesterday's dinner was unlike anything I've ever eaten... in Japan. It was colorful, tasty and surprisingly FILLING. It was probably the fullest meal I've had so far - considering the price, too. 2000yen per person for a 9-course meal - 4 appetizers, Fondue and THREE main dishes. And it's more extravagant than it sounds, really. Imagine that!

Here it is....


Table of the most chatty/noisy girls in the restaurant.


Dipping bread crumbs into hot boiling and EXTREMELY creamy basil cheese...

Fresh sautee chili peppers with chicken - to be dipped with the best bread sticks I've ever had. Ever.

And the long-awaited.... 
''TAKE ME AWAY.''

嬉しいそうな二人...
美味しかった!今度一人で全部を...^ー^

I'm definitely going back there... who's coming with me?
(Jia... I'm bringing you there...)

* * * * * 

And I didn't have to worry about burning off extra calories... I had a full schedule at an Elementary today.

My cute sixth graders - 2 years already and they haven't changed much. 
I'm glad. 
I'm going to be such a whiny mom, I know.
They had a special program planned - a QUIZ to see just how well I know their school, QUESTION TIME (... they had fun messing around with my age again. Apparently I'm old enough to be their mom... ''only a skinnier version, too'' - one boy kindly pointed out.) ... AND of course, PICTURE TIME!

My cellphone is my favourite camera.

The boys jumped in and flashed their 招牌 smile. These are the two class clowns/troublemakers/人気もの. Can you tell?

Say Cheese Everyone!!!


飽きないなあ、この仕事!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

好好吃喔

hiukei said...

うまそう!!!!