on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Leaving on a jetplane..."

"All my bags are packed I'm ready to go,
I'm standing here outside your door,
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry..."

This is my song for farewells - my little bro Aug usually hums this (off-key) whenever I'm actually packing my bags.

Time for me to leave Taiwan.... and back to Japan.
Packing will conclude tomorrow morning.
And as soon as I get back to Japan, I'll be starting to pack my boxes for Canada.

Packing... Unpacking... Packing...

I think I'm getting used to this 'lonesome' cycle ... recently.

But! What a great time and fun vacation I had in Taiwan!
I'm going to miss visiting my grandparents' house, chatting with my dear aunts, funny cousins, reminiscing on old times with old Montreal friends... TAIWANESE food.

* * * *

A Beautiful Poem that I probably posted before but will post again and again, until I remember this by heart, word by word:

'Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light and the half light
I would spread the cloth under your feet
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.'
--William Butler Yeats
'Cloths of Heaven'

1 comment:

hiukei said...

you have been gone way too long!! and what am i going to do without you in japan from july...
あ・・・・悲しくなるわ~