on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Thursday, October 1, 2009

ERM.

So today was my first volunteer training at St- Paul's Hospital in Downtown Vancouver.
What I'll be doing is CARDIAC PATIENT VISITING, where I'll be assisting patients before and after their heart surgeries. What I thought I'd be doing today is actually going into the cardiac wing of the hospital and doing patient visiting tasks already - but it turned out to be more of an information session, with 'to-dos' and 'not-to-dos'. I'll be starting my volunteering with another volunteer trainer, doing buddy shifts before I start my regular shifts on Fri nights.

But I'm so looking forward to it....!

*****

そして、今日はとてもエベントフールだった日だった。
Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: