on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Monday, December 28, 2009

IT'S CONFIRMED!

Month of December has proven itself to be a truly eventful one.... hectic application preparations aka headache magnets, fighting off holiday flus (to no avail), and hunting for cheap flights to Tanzania/applying IVHQ for volunteer trip to Tanzania.

And now finally, I'm in my final stage applying for grad schools, and I received my confirmation e-mail from IVHQ. Looks like I'll be making a stop in Africa in June 2010!

Aside from all the excitement, there is one thing for which I'm not exactly leaping for joy...

Vaccinations
You should talk to your local health doctor as to what vaccinations you will require. Some you may have had in the past.

Further information about vaccinations are provided in the info booklet but you should consider the following.

Immunizations – Legally Required
- Yellow Fever

Immunizations – Recommended
- Polio
- Hepatitis A
- Diphtheria/Tetanus
- Typhoid
- Malaria
- Hepatitis B
- Tuberculosis (when epidemic)
- Cholera (when epidemic)

But anyhow, I'll leave that to later. and try to spread out the shots or something.

For now, I'm in an excellent mood, with this particularly cheerful song stuck in my head:

just in case they're wondering
they've got us pinned terribly
they don't believe our love is real
cause they don't know how real love feels

you should know, its true, just now the part about my
love for you and how my hearts about to
bust into the thousand pieces so it
must be true and they'll believe us too soon

they may say some awful things
but there's not point in listening
your words are the only words
that I believe in afterwards

baby, its fact our love is true
the way black is black and blue is just blue
my love is true, its a matter of fact
and you love me too, its as simple as that

No comments: