on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post before 2009 comes to an end...

.... and 2010 begins a whole a new chapter.

just realized that i've been reading a lot on depressing topics, most of it involving inhumane acts such as genocide, civilian shooting, ineffective policies on human rights..

But yesterday I started a book that is definitely one of the most uplifting, encouraging I've read in a while:

THREE CUPS OF TEA.

I'm only on pg. 44, but it's just an easy read, that I think I might just finish this by the end of the day. Or I could try to savour it, and distract myself with some other books.

(Shopping at Amazon.ca really paid off. I'm getting all these awesome books for such a good deal...!!)

A new one just arrived today - Crude World: The Violent Twilight of Oil. (I bet the content is just as cheerful as the title sounds.)

And I'm ready to immerse myself in Korphe village on the Karakoram Mountains in Pakistan again.

'When it is dark enough, you can see the stars'.
-Persian Proverb

HAPPY NEW YEAR...! cheers to a new beginning in TWO-THOUSAND AND TEN!

3 comments:

hiukei said...

oh!! 3 cups of tea!!
i wanted to read that!! thanks for reminding me~

SAFARI INFINITY said...

no prob! I'm still in the middle of it and I can't put it down! ;)

hiukei said...

ahhhhhhh...i miss you~
when do i get to see you face to face?