on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Friday, October 26, 2007

Feel that Breeze!

I wonder how I'm going to survive Canadian Winter when I get back....

Autumn in Fukuoka, Japan - my favourite time of the year! The middle of October, and that Breeze is just about right - cool, but not to the extent of 'chilly' (I remember the cruel winter in Montreal, up and down that education building, what a workout!!) just the way I like it.

But I also know that Winter is lurking right around the corner, and it'll soon be time to drag out that FAN HEATER somewhere in my closet, and that wonderful invention - electric blanket from my drawer. Because WINTER in Fukuoka is no joke, and requires well-thought out winter coping plans........

.... Three of which I will generously share in this post.

1) CHOCOLATES, CHOCOLATES, AND MORE OF THAT DARK CHOCOLATE!

Mmmm... good news for the chocolate lovers, and even happier news for you if you happen to be the latter, AND a careful dieter.... BE CAU SE, one entire bar of CACAO 86% = 381kcal. mmm. talk about smart, fun dieting.

* * * *

2) DIVE INTO THAT NABE RYOURI 鍋料理 (otherwise known as HOT POT in Chinese)~!

This is a NABE course meal I had, one night dining out with a co-worker. Salad, sashimi, yakitori.... AND all you can drink. mmm. there's an extra hint of yumminess about having NABE in a cold weather... Reminds me of that DELICIOUS meal we had in a tent in Korea one time, visiting OSTRICHES once upon a WINTER SONATA (haha!).

* * * *

3) STEALING FOOD FROM YOUR STUDENTS

Okay, that may have been a misleading title for this picture. My grade 3 junior high students had Home Ec class today, and I was invited to drop in - for some free snacks!!
I was offered ... fruit punch with Japanese mochi, Thin 'pancakes' (no, no, not crepes, they insisted) with all kinds of toppings, something brown, round, and fried - I can't bring myself to call them donuts - food was good, class was a bit chaotic, kitchen was messy, the students and I had a BLAST. What a fun day....!!

HAPPY HOME EC CLASS!

...... 

Next week - same JR HIGH again!
I LOVE MY JOB.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.