on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

十天後...もう、豆豆先生と呼ばれないないだね!

Last week, my friends and I planned a DAY OUT in Tosu, a nearby town in the neighboring perfecture, Saga. What we had in mind was a carefree afternoon filled with shopping and COLD STONE ice cream... but talk about being spontaneous!

On Monday morning, I got a txt msg from one of my friends, telling me to get ready and pack an extra set of clothing, and be sure to ''wear shorts''.

Beach? Onsen?

My Spontaneous Friend had something else in mind.

We visited the famous LIMESTONE CAVE in Kitakyushu. 
It was probably the most thrilling experience I've had in Japan second to the roller coaster ride I was dragged onto in USJ. 

And the funniest coincidence was, when I was ''half-crawling'' in the cave, trying not to fall into the knee-deep water, I met some familiar faces.

「アッ。豆豆先生!』
My hands were busy clinging on the stone walls surrounding me, and my legs were tangled up, half-frozen in the cold water. I only had time to turn back and flash a nervous smile, and clumsily wave at my two students, looking as scared as I was. I think they were scared for my sake.
「ルシア先生!!豆豆!!』

It was nice to hear my name echoing in the cave and being addressed as the BEAN BEAN Teacher.

This is my friend HIROKO and I, using these bamboo sticks as our canes (being as old and feeble as we are, indeed, we needed extra-assistance on our way up)...


小倉城!

既にお姫様になってしまった。For a moment only, I basked in the royal glory, sitting in this ''Princess Carriage'' from the Edo Period.

I call this picture:『公主優先』
小鳥,不好意思~我先走一步嘍~!


今日、送別会〜!
我在日本的兩位乾媽。
下次回來日本就住她們家,有口福嘍~!

我可愛的老師/同事們。
私にとって、先生でもあって、ありがとうございました。


まだまだよ。

接下來的十天,我有預感都會很精采。
我的肚子也要好好的stretch一下,加油貝~!

No comments: