on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Monday, September 15, 2008

놀자!

Gym was always my least favourite subject in school - and with Figure Skating as my only favourite sport for the last 20 something years - I'm not the most active person. Walking is probably my only other exercise I persisted on doing, knowing that all the cakes I consume will probably go up to my cheeks... 

...But!!

I think things have changed since Japan. Biking to work has not only been healthy but enjoyable for the past two years, and playing with my kids during lunch break certainly earns me a good pat in the back for being so energetic even in the hottest and most humid weather I have ever experienced. 

So I made an important decision before coming back to Vancouver... 

SPORTY SPICE TRANSFORMATION!!

(Piki, Flanders - remember our Spice Girl phase? I think we sang songs meant for our ears only during dishwashing after Isaiah - and wasn't 'STOP' a popular one [with moves]?)

So I'm going to take up more sports. 
And so far, I've been playing basketball (oftentimes not shown any mercy from Og - defeated most of the times - but getting there) at least 3 times a week, speedwalking every morning, and just recently played golf and tennis with my dad.


Oh, and also BOXING....
我太小看Wii了。
My arms were sore all over the following day.

And ... TENNIS! 
My shoulders are aching as I'm typing now... But I really enjoyed playing it, and will bug my dad to be my personal coach. 
(Og! I challenge you to a duel! [Mr. Burns' style])

My Daddy aka Tennis King of the World

And...
Recently I've been REALLY enjoying my time in Vancouver, taking things slow... and basically being a fresh tourist here, in one of the best cities in Canada. 

EXPLORING JAPANESE FOOD - ASA SUSHI.... 
(we had the hardest time guessing the owner/waitress' ethnicity!!)
Thanks for the great sushi! and I still need to pay you back... >.<

EXPERIMENTING WEIRD FOOD AT HOME.

Haha... This is my dashingly handsome brother, making a wonderful dish of #)($'")('%#0)`@* with a lovely apron on.

ENJOYING THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERIES IN STANLEY PARK!!

The photographer really knows his timing, eh.... 

THAT'S RIGHT!! More biking! 
(I love biking....)
We rented bikes for two hours and it was GREAT.

If you look closely at the rocks, you'll notice some rocks that are piled up, with the tip of the rock on one another. 
I remember us joking about going down there and poke at the 'standing rocks' for fun... I stopped laughing when the weird guy with the funny hat (the ROCK-PILER) passed us by and gave us a long, stern stare.

And guess what dessert we had...... 

..... It reminds me of RED MANGO.
모고십어!!


Let the fun times continue......

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near." (Philippians 4:4-5)

1 comment:

hiukei said...

looking forward to see the muscular lucia in october!!
いろいろ楽しんでね~☆ i will be your walking buddy when i get there!wait up!! hehe!