on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Friday, September 12, 2008

Ephesus

''To the Church in Ephesus:
''Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.'' (Revelations 2:4-5)

''To the Church in Laodicea: 

''Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'' (Revelations 3:19-22)

****

I think that the ''First Love'' mentioned in the passage to the Church of Ephesus contains such a powerful message, and it's amazing how differently these words appear to me at different stages of my life.  

I remember first highlighting this in my Bible probably at least 7-8 years ago and trying to understand how this passage meant to me and how I could apply it to my life. And I remember thinking back on my spiritual ups and downs, and identifying the spiritual peak as my ''First Love'' encounters with God.

But now as I read it again, I think that the ''First Love'' must mean this. 
Our First Love should have and have always been with God - and since we are sinful from birth, this bond has been broken and find ourselves disconnected with His Love. The sole purpose of our life is to cling unto the search of our ''First Love'', to get back to the ''height we have fallen'' from. 

I guess it must mean this to me at this stage of my life, since I am not exactly at my spiritual peak and have, frankly, forgotten about my goal in this life. 

Ephesus, is a church that I have built in my heart for a while now and I think God is rebuking me in His own special ways...

この時機がぴったりだね。
そろそろ...!

ピキ〜このポストを読んだら私のことー祈ってもらってもいい〜?

3Q!

1 comment:

hiukei said...

祈ってあげるよ~
e mailでもっとdetail言ってくれる?