on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Friday, February 2, 2007

A friend who's family


It's been 6 months since I came to Japan, and I guess if I had to count the number of friends I made here, I wouldn't be able to keep count. But - if I had to count the ones who are dear to me, I wouldn't need an extra hand. And SAORI, is one of the amazing people God has given to me as an irreplacable gift in a place far from home, and far from my family and friends. These people, God-granted, are there to fill that emptiness for my two years in Japan.

I guess there are just some people with whom you can feel completely at home with. It's funny how I sometimes conceal the ugliest side of myself in front of others, but only grant my family that special priviledge of being exposed to it. But that's only because I know that I am accepted as whoever I am at home. And when someone makes you feel at home, then she or is is truly family, and that, I believe is just precious.

And I will be spending my 23rd birthday dinner with Saori and her family tomorrow!

No comments: