on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Love-Handicapped

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1Corinthians 13:2-3

This is not the first time this passage has reminded me that the love I have to give is just so incomplete, so scarred, and so ... full of insecurity. But there should be no fear in love. But sometimes we're afraid to love, and that just takes away the very remedy for all of our fears, which entangle us so endlessly and finally, render us in becoming love-handicapped people, and... I have difficulty remembering where this argument is going.

My first attempt at spelling out the agony of being love-handicapped. I've failed miserably... Some other day!

No comments: