on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

LUNCH BREAK - best/worst soccer game ever (Depends how you look at it).

Lunch again with my favourite class!
And I must say.... life at school is just 最高!!
After lunch, I was asked to join a SOCCER GAME - though I can't remember the last time I played it, or if I had ever played the sport in my life - as a team. Sure, I can kick random balls on the ground, but an actual game? Yes, Mr. Gloop, I can hear you laughing. Hush.

Here are the soccer players, playing outside in a 4 degree freezing weather!!


The boys were very thoughtful, and one kept insisting that I get as many opportunities to kick the ball as I can - .. that is, if I CAN ACTUALLY KICK THE BALL.

Student A: ルシアにパッスしてよ! (hey! pass the ball to Rushia!)
Student B: わかった!! (alright!!)
Me: (backing away while waving my hands) Nonono.... 大丈夫!本当に大丈夫だよ!! (Nono, it's ok... it's REALLY ok...)
Student A: (kicks the ball to Student B)
Student B: (passes the ball to me)
Me: (trying to get to the ball, awkwardly moving my legs, untangling my legs, touches the ball)
The Ball: (rolling its way very, very slowly towards the goalie)
The Goalie: や!カッタッゼ!! (hey! i think we won!)

So that was me playing SOCCER.

....(`-`)....

I think I'm unofficially now the UNSPORTY ALT or THE WEAKEST SOCCER PLAYER EVER LIVED.

Favourite students from favourite class


Our team lost!!!
And I believe I have to take credit for that.
Yes.

No comments: