on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Sunday, January 13, 2008

good ol' memories!

Today, when I was at church, I came across an old and familiar song... We used to sing this so often in JOY! I actually couldn't remember the melody right then and there, and just now, it came to be - and I refreshed my memory with the ever so useful YOUTUBE!

It's a good song.

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I’m Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
’Cause nothing else could ever take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You’re all I want
You’re all I’ve ever needed
You’re all I want
Help me know You are near

-By Kelly Carpenter

And I guess today was full of 'stumbling upon old memories', they just keep coming! This excerpt of a translated Christian book was found in my old agenda - and I was reminded again of the reason why i copied it down in the first place, 3 years ago. Here I find myself going back to the never-ending lesson of... well...

『一個有原則的人,是一個肯定自己的人。他不需要用討好人來增添自己的價值。他不自卑。因為他知道自己是被重視,無條件地被愛和被接納。他有安全感。他有自由,不會無端作繭自縛,把自己困在別人變化莫測的情緒中,之後整天害怕與人關係破裂。他敢於表達自己,敢於堅持,因為他知道他所堅持的是更大更高的善。』

No comments: