on justice -Benedict/James Orbinski

''Justice only fails when we fail to imagine that it is possible. But like so many things, it depends not only on imaginings but on what we do.'' - James Orbinski

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Between SENSE AND SENSIBILITY.... where should we stand?

I remember as a child, I thought that crying during movies can't be anymore childish -
.... until I watched 'My Girl' one evening with my cousins, and cried like a baby.
Then, believing that incident to be an exception, I remained 'tearless' for a while -
.... until I watched 'Titanic' and cried whenever Jack Dawson cried.
And, finally, I gave in to the crybaby in myself, and to the few awesome filmmaking in recent years.

Recently, too many scenes from a few movies and drama [惡作劇之吻〕have caused my precious tears to fall, hehe, and I wonder if this is a process of growing up (Funny, since some would think that being more efficient in controlling one's emotions would be a step of maturity... or is that just me?).

Also, when I come across lyrics that just speak to the heart......

*this is when someone should just jump in and shout: 'GET A GRIP, CHOCO/DO/LU!'
... and convince me that there are other things that are more worthy of my tears... but they might just get ignored, because THIS SONG is simply beautiful.




至少還有你
我怕來不及 我要抱著你
直到感覺你的皺紋 有了歲月的痕跡
直到肯定你是真的 直到失去力氣
為了你 我願意

動也不能動 也要看著你
直到感覺你的髮線 有了白雪的痕跡
直到視線變得模糊 直到不能呼吸
讓我們 形影不離

如果 全世界我也可以放棄
至少還有你 值得我去珍惜
而你在這裡 就是生命的奇蹟
也許 全世界我也可以忘記
就是不願意 失去你的消息
你掌心的痣 我總記得在那裡

我怕來不及 我要抱著你
直到感覺你的髮線 有了白雪的痕跡
直到視線變得模糊 直到不能呼吸
讓我們 形影不離

我們好不容易 我們身不由己
我怕時間太快 不夠將你看仔細
我怕時間太慢 日夜擔心失去你
恨不得一夜之間白頭 永不分離


It's always amazing to see words come together in the most dazzling order and form moving lines such as these. I may be misinformed, but I heard that the lyricist of this song dedicated this song to his kid.. or was it the singer to her kid? Or maybe none of the above, but if it were, it can't get any sweeter than this, eh?

And, I'm going to make another leap here, tell me if I'm going too far (I won't listen anyway =p), but can anyone see a link between this beautiful song and this even more moving verse?

'He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart:
He gently leads those that have young.'

ISAIAH 40:11

One of my favourite verses.
While referencing one of my favourite songs.
I feel this is a sequel to my previous post.

* * * * *

On a random note, I'm enjoying my week at the Dazaifu Junior High School VERY, VERY, OH-SO VERY MUCH.
Maybe it's because I only teach 3 classes at most a day, but this also allows me to join my students' classes and pretend I'm 14 years-old all over again. And nothing can compare with that feeling of.......
-Laughing along with the entire class at the CLASS JOKER's comments
-Comparing test scores with the BOY WHO TALKS TOO MUCH beside you (yes, I took a KANJI test and scored 14/100 =.=;)
-Chatting in a low voice with the chatty girls around me while fearing that the teacher will ban me from her class forever
-Telling the BOY WHO TALKS TOO MUCH in front of me to focus instead of talking to me about how he doesn't know how to cook but bet that I make the most delicious curry
-And just.... being a 8th grader in Japan... is the one of the most priceless moments I've ever had.

Furthermore, today, during cleaning time, one 3rd grader boy came up to me and pointed out the fact that I am shorter than him while indicating the difference with his fingers - by 'this (2-3cm) much'. He flashed me a proud smile as if he deserved a pat in the back. Then I suddenly realized that..............

MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP!.......... sniff. sniff.

..... someone stop this crybaby from overtaking me.....!

(I LOVE MY JOB.)

No comments: